Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ethel the Cat Hates Chaucer

So I came home after Chaucer and set my gigantic school bag in the kitchen by the refrigerator like I always do. A little while later I notice our kitten had hopped in the bag. She's done it before, you know the general sniffing and exploring things cats do. Well I looked at how she was sitting in the bag and noticed she was kind of squatting. I pulled her off the bag and saw a wet spot on my Chaucer book. I smelled and sure enough- she peed on my book. I thought I had gotten to her before she really went fully. So I grabbed some Febreze and sprayed. No big deal it was a small spot.

The plot thickens....

This morning I was going through my bag looking for my glasses. I picked up the Chaucer book and realized it was still wet. "Oh wow," I thought to myself, "I must have really sprayed this good." Taking a closer smell I realized it wasn't Febreze that was soaking my book- it was cat pee!!! She really peed on my Riverside Chaucer and both notebooks for Chaucer and Restoration! This cat might be smarter than I realized............ except for the fact that I now have a smelly bag and books. I thought you all would get a laugh out of this situation.

Insert sarcastic comments here:

5 comments:

Jennifer Taft said...

Ohh man, Ethel, you crazy cat. At least she wasnt climbing up the Christmas tree again.

I hope you got your papers done. Let me know if you want to be old ladies this week and bake cookies.

jennifer wasser said...

oh my goodness katie, that is just too much!!!!

Mrs. Brenneck said...

That's classic; you have a genius cat. I love cats; you need to post a picture of her...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I want to see this cat. Wise beyond her years.

Dawn Larson said...

I wonder what Chaucer would think if he knew his poetry was being used as a litter box...though it is most fitting after our great "experience" in 16 weeks of Chaucer instruction.

Good job, Ethel! I have similar sentiments... (but I won't act on them!)

Dawn