Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Richardson

"Without question, our ability to easily publish content online will force us to rethink the way we communicate with our constituents" (pg. 5). Why have a course outline, syllabus, or rubric at all? If students are spending so much time in front of their computers anyway, put all the class information in a blog. I know many teachers already do this. But it's just making so much sense to me.
I had never heard of a wiki until last week. I've used wikipedia before and found it to be extremely helpful. But I had no idea that anyone can edit the material found there. Richardson talks of having "faith that collectively we can produce information that is as high quality as what a trusted few produced in the past" (pg. 63). I don't know if I have the faith yet. It might take awhile or only a couple of days. Time will tell.
I do love the idea of a teacher resource wiki. Teachers share lesson plans and ideas anyway, it would be so helpful to be able to access plans from other teachers in our area or across the nation. A SUNY Cortland MAT English wiki is a great idea...any takers?

No comments: