Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Movie Project

Jenn Gee and I are going to work together on the movie project. Here are some of our ideas:

Interview Tom Terwilliger (Mando Books) and Aaron Gray about the opening of their new bar downtown, The Red Jug. At the 40 Below Summit Tom told me the bar will most likely be opening this weekend. We would ask to have a preview, go and film the bar empty during the day and then check it out over the weekend as well. Our only concern would be getting release forms for potentially everyone that will be at the opening. And also we'd worry about under age students as well. I emailed Tom but haven't heard back from him. There are two explanations for this: 1. I can't check my email; AOL is being a bitch today. 2. Tom runs Mando Books and The Red Jug and his wife just had a baby a little over a month ago. So we'll see....

Homer Arts Council is hosting Fantasy Art Exhibit by Tom Kidd. Check out this website...
www.cortlandevents.com Even if we don't do the movie on this, it would be a cool event to check out.

A documentary of some sorts on PEZ collecting. Some of you may know that my fiancee, Alex collects PEZ. We go to a PEZ convention every summer in Cleveland titled PEZ-a-Mania. Alex has over a 1,000 dispensers in his collection and that's not counting all the other stuff. He's got giant PEZ, giant stuffed PEZ, lunchboxes, puzzles, PEZ costumes, and MUCH MORE. We can't go anywhere without searching for PEZ. People call us and ask if he's got certain dispensers. It's his whole life, well besides me and school. He's always on ebay buying, buying, buying. He gets at least one package in the mail a week. Our office is the PEZ room in the apartment. His room at home is out of control. We'd have to go there to film so you all could the full effect. I think this would really speak to a lot of younger kids out there. And it's fun and quirky and might even get published on CurrentTV. It's a whole world I knew nothing about before I met Alex. We're going to have the PEZ bride and groom as our cake topper and give out the Valentine's hearts as favors for the wedding. (I figured wedding favors are so stupid and ugly most of the time, why not give people something that really screams Katie and Alex?!) Well those are our ideas...any feedback?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, the PEZ (I was, of course, a Pez kid) movie is a terrific idea. I hope you pursue it..I think it's the way to go in contrast to the bar movie. Not that the latter is not a good idea, but you're right about the appeal of the PEZ "culture."

KatieL said...

Ok, great thanks! Got any old PEZ laying around at home? : )

Mrs. Brenneck said...

I don't have any dispensers, but sometimes I randomly buy the candy; I love it! But either idea sounds good...I think the pez documentary would be a riot.

Anonymous said...

How I wish I'd saved my PEZ life! And my Ginnie dolls (you're too young to remember Ginnie--way before Barbie) and my hula hoops! I just didn't get it!! K

Tracie said...

Katie, this is so funny! I think that you should totally do the movie on Alex an his PEZ! It's too bad that the convention isn't going on now so that you could film that too. Now, that would be interesting stuff. I have a wonder woman pez dispenser that my mom got me when I went away to college. I still have it oh these many years later. Good luck with your idea.