Sunday, October 22, 2006

There is hope for us!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1161507727259090.xml&coll=1


Just some articles I found reading the Post-Standard. I was really inspired by the student movie. I wish I had had the opportunity to do something like this when I was in high school. I don't know if my school had a video production class. We might have. But I wasn't really interested in it then...or was doing too many other things. But reading articles like this and having speakers like Shade and Bob (or maybe it was Bill?) Exton gives me hope for my future as an English teacher in today's flat world.
On Will Richardson's blog it says his talk in Cortland is at 8:00 am on Nov. 7th. Is that true? That's what it says for all the times he's speaking at colleges all over. Maybe it's a mistake...but I was thinking that would be a difficult time for many of us to be on campus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, we better talk to Will.

He's going to do class w/us Katie!!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

When I saw this article yesterday I breathed a sigh of relief. What better encouragement for us!!! I was going to bring the clipping to class tomorrow so thank you Katie for bringing it to our attention. K

KatieL said...

Ok great, I thought that he would be speaking to our class but I wanted to make sure.