Sunday, October 22, 2006

Welcome to the Movies


Hello all-

Hope this finds everyone after a nice relaxing weekend. Since I work Friday-Sunday mornings I can't say that my weekends are ever relaxing. I had customers driving through before I was even open! It usually helps if I can make the coffee first.

Anyway...Jenn and I got some footage of Alex and his PEZ for our movie. So far it looks good even though we haven't edited any of it yet. Windows MovieMaker has some cool special effects options. A word to the wise about the cameras borrowed from the library-- the memory cards only record 10 seconds at a time. Luckily Alex had a card with better capabilities in his digital camera. I'd suggest getting/borrowing a card with more memory, well obviously....We recorded about nine minutes so far. Also it took us some time to figure out how to hook up the camera to the tripod and make sure it moved smoothly. Just a little tip... All of our footage was filmed in my apartment and the sound was fine without using the microphone.

Does anyone know if we can incorporate images from the web into the movie footage? I assume it would work just like Garage Band.

About my final project:
Ray sent me the two "articles" he wrote for our blog/website. I don't know what to call it exactly b/c it's not up yet and it's going to be on the website as a blog. I guess it takes a very long time to set up a link on a website, Ray and I are going to see if someone in Winchell Hall (Technology Help Center) can help us. I'm also going to ask Alex's best friend who's a super computer nerd. He and Alex bought 16o GB hard drives at CompUSA yesterday for about $40. The one in the Carousel Mall is going out of business. Matt already has like 400 GB between four computers...or something like that. I dont' really know b/c when they talk about it it's like they're speaking another language. He even built a computer in his car. Anyway...I hope to make some headway with the blog on the website this week. And I will have something written to post to it.

That's about it for now...Good movie to rent: Lucky Number Slevin with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, Josh Hartnett, and Lucy Liu.

No comments: